Thursday, October 27, 2005

Life without Chocolate

Some friends of mine, no names mentioned, have decided to give up chocolate. They are so serious about it that they have placed money (actually stuff) on it. I think it has been 3 weeks so far... A degree of stubbornness is required and they have both tried to tempt the other in order to win... Chocolate body paint has been mentioned...A lot! All I have to say is good for them. I haven't managed to give up any of my vices and I seem to be picking up more as time goes by!

Just because I have a rather sadistic sense of humor here is my best ever recipe for chocolate brownies... Better than body paint I swear!

Orgasmic Chocolate Brownies

350g dark chocolate
250g butter
2 tsp coffee powder dissolved in water
3 eggs
225g castor sugar
75g self raising flour
5ml vanilla essence
175g hazelnuts (or other, pecan work nicely)
150g white chocolate (chopped)

Melt the dark chocolate and butter together in the microwave (about 2 minutes) with the coffee. Whisk the eggs (no need to go too wild just break them up a bit). Add the castor sugar and whisk until mixed. Add the flour and vanilla essence. Mix in the melted chocolate, white chocolate chips and nuts and pour into a well greased tin (approx 22cm square tin). Cook for 30 minutes at 180deg C or until firm. Allow to cool and I mean cold here. Cut into squares and enjoy.

4 Comments:

Blogger firegolem said...

Sayin Hi. I am also lookin for a good plain scones recipe Jules. I tried the other week and they were crap.

1:33 PM  
Anonymous vanilla said...

As one of the mention-no-names chocolate deniers, I think maybe I'll make a batch of these best-ever (so I've heard) chocolate brownies and maybe, just maybe win the bet!

9:12 AM  
Blogger Synkronos said...

Hey, well, if you make said brownies, and neither of you win the bet, don't let them go to waste! You know where to find me ;)

1:51 AM  
Anonymous stacey said...

Life without chocolate sounds completely insane!! Never - I tell you, never!

I'll definately be trying the chocolate brownie recipe.

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home